Construction Level 1: Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (Leading to CSCS Green Card)
This online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment E-Learning course is aimed at operators and people starting out in the construction industry. Successful completion of the course and examination provides you with a qualification and can be used towards your CSCS green card application. It can also act as a very useful refresher as part of the site induction process.
This package includes both the course and the examination – For verification purposes the individual booking this course must be the individual that undertakes the course and sits the examination. If you are a business seeking to book this course for an employee please contact us directly.
This course is approved by the following organisations: ETA Awards and CSCS and is the equivalent of 3 CPD units. It is recognised by CITB & CSCS as meeting the Level 1 training requirement for the CSCS Green Card.
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Training Overview:
Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs. So Health & Safety is a significant concern. The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work. This online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment E-Learning course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam. Whilst this course, Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction environment, provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS green card application. The Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment online course starts by introducing the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. The Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment E-Learning course then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments, from Working at Height and Respiratory Hazards to electrical and chemical hazards.
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Target Audience
This Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment E-Learning course is aimed at anyone starting out in the construction industry.
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Advantages
The online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment E-Learning course can be used as part of a company induction process. It can also be used to aid in preparation for the level 1 award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment. Online training is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time to fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Duration of the course
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Modules
Introduction Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height Manual handling Plant, Machinery and Noise Respiratory Risks Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards, Vehicles, PPE and General Safety Your Pathway to Your CSCS Card
The course is modular and each module has a series of videos; with questions at the end. There is a required pass percentage for each module that must be achieved to complete the course and access a certificate. You can only proceed to the examination upon successful completion of the course.
Note: you get 3 chances to achieve a pass on each module. If you fail a module more than 3 times you will have to contact us directly to arrange a module reset (unlock). A maximum of 3 module resets per course are permitted. If after 3 module resets another module is failed the course will be permanently locked and you will be considered to have failed the course. If you fail the course you will have to purchase another course licence and restart as you will not be permitted to undertake the examination.
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Examination
Upon completion of the Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment video course, candidates will be offered the opportunity to complete their final exam online without the stress or hassle of attending a training or exam centre. The exam can be taken anywhere but you will need to use a: PC, Laptop & Broadband connection - please see specifications below.
To undertake the online exam the following process must be followed:
- Candidate successfully completes the Online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course (this course)
- On passing the course the candidate will be issued with an approved certificate
- The candidate should then contact Goldcross Training on: 0203 633 5505 or via: email@example.com to confirm that they have passed the course and that they have been issued with the approved certificate.
- Goldcross will then confirm the above and allocate the examination to the candidate and provide the candidate with the examination link.
- The candidate can then login to the examination page where they will be presented with the instructions and exam rules. Once they have shown their ID, the candidate can then start the exam.
Please be aware that the exam is a 'live exam' but it can be taken at any time the candidate chooses.
The exam recording is then sent to the assessor (VideoTile) to be invigilated and marked.
- If the candidate fails, Goldcross will be notified by either email or telephone and the candidate may choose to re-sit providing they pay the additional exam fee. If any cheating is observed Goldccross will be informed and the candidate will be banned from sitting the exam in this manner in the future.
- When a pass is achieved, the record is uploaded to the accrediting body (ETA awards) who will review the exam recording and ensure all rules have been followed. They will then automatically email a certificate to the candidate on completion of their review. Please note that this can take up to 10 days but is generally much quicker.
Examination - Minimum Specifications and Further Instructions
- PC or Laptop (Windows 10 or higher)
- Broadband internet connection, minimum 3Mb +, (mobile data, dongles, etc are not supported)
- Google Chrome web browser
- Photo ID
It is recommended that candidates utilise an ethernet connection where possible and they run a speed/connectivity test (as detailed in Annex A of their joining instructions) prior to starting their course and again prior to starting their exam. Goldcross Training accepts no responsibility for the quality of a candidates broadband connectivity.
- No external devices can be used
- No other tabs open on the computer
- No one else in the room at the time of the exam
- No Headphones or other listening devices (ear pods, etc) are allowed to be worn
- No written notes
- No Eating, Drinking (other than water) or Smoking.
Our ETA and Laser Qualifications are examined via VideoTile Learning Ltd.
You may also like…
Construction Level 1: Preparation for the Health and Safety Awareness Course – Including Mock ExamAdd to cart
Construction Level 1: Preparation for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test£19.95 Add to basket
CDM AwarenessAdd to basket
Introduction to Risk Assessment£19.99 Add to basket